Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Personal experience vs impersonal knowledge

We know a lot about God through our reading of scripture, other books, bible studies, discipleship training, sermons and listening to others BUT...what characteristics do you personally know about God that you've learned through your intimate personal experience of Him?

There are many sources outlining the characteristics of God, such as...love, patient, merciful, long-suffering, kind, gentle, just, holy, gracious, healing, atemporal, all knowing, doesn't take into account a wrong suffered, bears all things, never fails, etc.

BUT...which of the above, or others not listed, have you experienced personally? (i.e. You know that characteristic of God because you've experienced it through your intimate personally relationship with Him).

Here's one for me...

His grace (unmerited favor) – When I experienced God's acceptance of me as I was, during my worst moments, in my imperfection, when I’m not even trying…that attribute of God motivated me to know him. I wanted to know someone who favors me so and I found that person in Jesus seven years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home