Friday, September 16, 2005

Nothing

I was reading Job yesterday, interestingly or not, I never have before. This verse struck me.
.
Job 3:25 The worst of my fears has come true, what I've dreaded most has happened.
.
Jesus showed me there is nothing to fear (be scared of, dread), nothing...because He is the source of all my needs.
.
He showed me I shouldn't fear losing my

  • life, because He is my life.
  • family, because He is my eternal Father, Jesus is my brother and I have countless other brothers and sisters in Christ.
  • physical abilities, because He is my only ability and I can do all things through Christ.
  • mind, because He has given me His, the mind of Christ.
  • financial capabilities, because He has given me everything I need for life and godliness.
  • reputation, because apart from Him I have nothing worthy of a reputation.
  • fellowship/relationship with Him, because there is nothing that can separate me from the life of Christ.
  • wordly possessions, because He's shown me they are merely wood, hay & stubble.
  • significance in this life, because He is my soul source of significance, purpose & meaning.

    What has he showed you?

    Is Jesus trustworthy enough to replace your fears?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home