Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Crossroads...

I'm being drawn deeper into the kingdom of God and the blessedness of possessing nothing...or maybe even the blessedness of wanting nothing. My tastes are changing...just as coffee was an acquired taste...His kingdom is becoming of greater and greater value and I'm losing my craving for the "candy" of this world. My daily interactions and attitudes aren't completely on pace with this desire but I'm increasingly aware when they're not...like I'm missing out on experiencing the kingdom of God/abundant life and I'm shocked when I see clearly just how "all about me" I am.

That's all well in the typing...but...when the kingdom way of life presents freedom apart from what is so generally accepted as the norm in this world, this country, my town, friends and family...well...I find myself wondering just how "free" I want to be.

for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home