Monday, February 14, 2005

Without my contriving

I want to free what waits within me
So that what no one has dared to wish for
May for once spring clear
Without my contriving.

I believe deeply that we all yearn to free what waits within us – to celebrate our life in our work. The above poem speaks of wanting to "free what waits within me" and to do so "without my contriving." This is like the alignment of a tuning fork with the right note on the piano. When the
right note is found there is an easy and beautiful resonance. Until then, all the wrong notes create dissonance. In this dissonance there is a natural struggle to find the matching note. All the dissonance dissolves when that one right note is found. And there is only one right note in all
those keys on the piano. We need to figure out how to line up with the right note – to get out of
the way so we can let God come through us.

Pg 163 "Radical Loving Care" Erie Chapman.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, November 27, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pair of quotes. I've read this book and it's terrific.
Mary Huston

 
At 8:43 AM, November 27, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very inspired by this book and by the person who wrote it. Thank you for including this in your blog.
Carol Greene
San Diego

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home