Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Do we think that?

John 5:39You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

If you use John 17:3's definition of eternal life (ie to know the one and only true God) you get...

39You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess knowing me, a relationship with me. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have a relationship with me.

Could scripture be the jumping off point rather than the destination? Just like the Law was put in place to show us our need for God maybe the scripture was put in place to show us we can have a relationship with a living God rather be the source or medium of our relationship with God.

Why would ya sit around reading someone's love letters when they are sitting with you?

1 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, June 26, 2006 , Blogger Don't I Know You? said...

Could scripture be the jumping off point rather than the destination?

Why would ya sit around reading someone's love letters when they are sitting with you?


hey rick, great thoughts. thanks.

good to see you posting again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home