Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The red button of grace



Ok...I grew up in the legalistic wrappings of IC's and youth groups stressing christianity as a behavior modification program (ie behave this way or...you're out of fellowship, god turns his back, your going to hell, not accepted here etc). The don't do this or do that never did work for me. I found myself in Paul's condition "that which I don't wanna do, I do. that which I do want to do, I don't do".

Since receiving God's grace I've found myself in a new operating system. It seems the desires of this world are slowly fading away without my trying. The outcome seems a by-product of my relationship with Jesus...kinda a...you become (act and think) like those your hang around.

I've not found, haven't ever looked really, for a scriptural explanation for this happening in my life but yesterday while running home and listening to a Bob George sermon I heard, what seems to me, a explanation.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,

How does this work for you?

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, March 26, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the big red button.
Jae

 
At 11:24 AM, March 27, 2006 , Blogger Rick said...

yeah...it begs you to push it...how cool is that!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home