Monday, May 23, 2005

Plowed ground

In the last six years much of my understandings and beliefs about God were plowed, turned over and aired out. Sometimes I find myself confused, unsure and wondering. It was like that Sunday morning as I kayaked across Percy Priest lake. After my workout I sat in the boat looking at the shoreline and pondering my state of mind.

As I took in the creation of a simple lake shoreline, the water, birds and occasional slap of a fish, a sense of assurance washed over me. The being who created can assuredly take care of little ol' me. I've never been freer to love and accept myself and others as I am now. I've never desired to know my creator more than I am/do now. I've never been more at rest & peace than I am now.

Sure alot of ground has been plowed under...but fertile soil deep within me has come up to the surface of my consciousness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home