Monday, March 28, 2005

That's my cry

What keeps us from following the slightest hint of the Spirit’s leading?

What motivates us to follow the slightest hint of the Spirit’s leading?

Change & (perceived) Cost…could they be the culprits?

In some areas I’ve grown accustomed to a pattern of living, a way of doing things, a time for certain things, a group of folks I associate with, an American lifestyle of comfort and entertainment. Listening to the Spirit means one or more of these areas will change and I’m not always sure the “cost” associated with the change is “worth” the benefit.

Jesus said He came to give us the abundant life; joy in the midst of whatever circumstances, peace that passes understanding and a burden that’s light. My struggle is that sometimes I don't believe Him…I’m too content in my present life to “give it up” for His abundant life.
What a dilema eh? Jesus' abundant life or my finite superficial dead existence.

Reminds me of the story of the guy dumpster diving outside the five star restaurant. When the owner invited him in and offered the guy anything on the menu, all they dude wanted was to make his way back to the dumpster...go figure.

Mark 9:23“ ‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.”
24Immediately the boy's father exclaimed,“I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”
That's my cry

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, March 28, 2005 , Blogger Divorced Dad said...

"For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it." --Jesus, Luke 9:24

 
At 8:35 PM, March 31, 2005 , Blogger Rick said...

Hey Alex,

Maybe it's our striving that makes it hard.

Maybe we need to quit trying and rest in God's ability to produce the abundant life in/through us.

maybe...

Rick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home